A Family Favorite: Asian Stir-Fried Noodles with Chicken and Veggies
Unassisted: Ages 10+
With Parent Help: Ages 8+
Before you start cooking
Start by printing out the shopping list right here! You can also see it at the bottom of this page.
What is Mise en Place?
A French culinary term meaning "everything in its place."
Arrange and organize all of your ingredients and equipment before you start making your spring rolls!
- 1 large soup pot with lid for cooking noodles
- 2 plates for arranging your ingredients
- 1 soup bowl for making your sauce
- 1 fork for mixing your sauce
- 1 colander for draining noodles
- 1 cutting board
- 1 sharp Chef's knife
- 1 Tablespoon measurer
- 1/4 cup measurer
- 1 cup measurer
- 1 vegetable peeler
- 1 large (12 inch) non-stick frying pan
- 1 pair of tongs
- 1 heat-resistant (won't melt) spatula
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 1 pound of uncooked udon or rice noodles
- 1/2 pound of pre-cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup of snow peas
- 2 carrots
- 3 scallions (green onion)
- 1 head of broccoli
Ingredients for the sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (make it GF with Tamari instead of soy)
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 T. Cornstarch
What does it mean when you say:
"Get veggies caramelized"?
Cook the veggies until they start to brown (but not burn).
When veggies brown in the pan they release natural sugar making them sweeter or "caramelized."
Making Stir Fry Sauce is Easy!